Friday, February 5, 2010



The smiling, retro, domestic lady in the above picture? Not me, for the record.

*****



I live with my husband, 3 amazing kids, one stinky dog and 2 cats. They are my family - Allow me to introduce them...




****



Kaleb is my husband.

I always knew that, if I was ever going to commit to forever with any man, it would be with him. He had this way of making even the most mundane tasks fun and exiting. He was a 'bad boy' but he was so incredibly good to me and he made me feel NO - he made me KNOW I was beautiful, which was something I had never felt before. Every now and again, he still does.



****



I'm not sure if showing a picture of Kaleb is a good idea. His job can get a little dicey at times and he tries hard to keep me and the kids completely separate from it, just in case any trouble should ever arise. Don't get me wrong - he doesn't work for the C.I.A or anything but I respect that you can't be too careful in a world of drugs and gangs and guns.




****



But let me help you out with a few visuals.....




If you took Peter Griffin's ability to stick his foot in his mouth and do the wrong thing while trying to do the right thing...



....And added Homer's ever frustrating
ability to just be Homer....


















And then teamed those with Al Bundy's ability to sit on the couch, complain, bitch, moan and play with his own junk....





OH! You've met him??? Good!!! *Giggles*



****


Sometimes, he makes me so mad that I want to do this....







And this....














It's not like it's all cartoon characters and violence though. We're definitely a work in progress and we definitely do not live in paradise, but it's not like we're constantly at each others throats either.... Well, usually.




He's a good guy. He's very funny. His sense of humor can be cruel sometimes but it's one of those things where, if anyone in the world but him were to try it, it would be bad. But Kaleb? Dunno why, but he can get away with it.



He's quite driven where his career is concerned and he works very hard and has earned the respect of many people.... He's come a long way from the bad boy I met all those years ago. I love the man that he is now but there is a part of me that misses the old Kaleb - or at least, parts of him. The old Kaleb looked for ways to have fun in any situation. The old Kaleb didn't need to wait for a bunch of money to have fun, he just did it. The old Kaleb had a zest for life that the new Kaleb just doesn't seem to have anymore, and I think we both miss it.



My hope is that, one day, parts of the old Kaleb come and stay with the new Kaleb.



Anyway, no matter how much he pisses me off, makes me mad as all get out, frustrates the hell out of me and drives me insane, there is still no other man in the world I can imagine spending forever with.



Because, you see, too me, he looks like this.....





No comments:

Post a Comment