Tuesday, February 9, 2010


At 4 years old, Molly Rose is my second born of three children but, she is by no means, the "middle child."


*****



She is my Princess. My dancing angel, cupcake with pink sprinkles, butterfinger pie with ice cream squidgy bug love pudding.


*****



There is a cheeky, annoying, charming glow about this kid that is just unmistakable.


*****



She can throw a tantrum the likes of which I doubt you have ever seen.


*****



She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, punk rock, ballerinas, slides and anything you can call candy. Her favorite thing is just hanging out with us.


*****



Her laugh - not the twinkly little girlie laugh she has developed since pre-school, but her real laugh - is the kind of laugh that makes her "poot" (fart) and gives her a cramp in her belly and an ache in her face. She laughs a lot.
She can sulk in one crouched, fetal position, groaning like a hungry puppy for a VERY LONG TIME over, what seem very small things. But then, I guess they're not small to her.


*****



When she was born, I panicked. I was so afraid I was going to damage this beautiful, amazing little, life altering creature. I was so petrified at the idea that I now had a little girl who could hurt as deeply as I did and that I might actually be the one to hurt her. So much so, that my fear of "getting it wrong" sent me into a severe bout of depression - not post natal depression (not that that isn't it's own personal hell) but a depression so severe, so deep and intense, that I wished that it would end me.


*****



Molly taught me to hold my nose and jump. To just do it - even if it scares you. She taught me this, with juuuust enough time for me to teach it back to her, should the time come that she forgets.




Moll
y can give you a look that will melt your heart and a glare that will raise the dead.







Molly is her baby sister's bestest friend in the whole wide world. She tries to be very patient... Usually....




No comments:

Post a Comment